Monday, October 21, 2013

Wings of Light






 
 
 
 
 

Here my love reach high up there and touch a star.
Gaze in wonder at the fires blazing there so far.
Witness how my love the magic in the shinning light --
Speeds you on your way from here into the starry night.

Fly away my love on wings of light into the sky.
Straight up into the heavens there to wonder why.
And every time you go and gaze into the fires light.
I will wait for you right here beneath the starry night.

Find every star my love and count them one by one.
Go ahead and try and when you think your done.
A billion more were born up there - just out of sight --
The light from them someday another starry night.

And so my love gaze deep up there into the starry sea.
At all the fires burning there and then come back to me.
And I will tell you how my love it shines as bright --
And burns as hot as any star up there - in the starry night.

David D Jerald 

No comments: