Monday, September 16, 2013

Drums


 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I do not understand ... inside the pounding.
Why I hear the sound of beating drums.
But I can feel the beat ... of freedom sounding.
And raging from my heart ... the fire comes.

I feel upon my face ... the paint of war.
As I'm dancing to the pounding drums.
In my vision I'm the eagle ... high above I soar.
And raging from my heart the fire comes.

I do not understand inside the pounding.
My skin is white ... yet still I hear the drums.
And when I hear .. a distant bugle sounding ..
Raging from my heart ... the fire comes.

David D Jerald

 Unfortunately when it comes to religion ... any religion
( and History proves this) there is no middle ground.
 There never was and unfortunately ... there never will be.
 This is why I believe very strongly you should have the
 right to worship as you please without fear of
retaliation as long as you do not force your own
beliefs ... physically or mentally ... on another human being.

 

No comments: