Monday, October 01, 2012

The Search

Preview

In my search for truth …
I found it there at wounded knee.
I had to clinch my fist .. to calm
The rage inside of me.
 
In my search for God in heaven ..
I banged upon his pearly door.
But the Devil opened up and said to me …
God ain't here no more.
 
In my search for peace I found it ..
Toe to toe with war.
Then rushing into battle …
I found myself in hell … a place
I wasn't searching for.
 
In my search for strength.
I found the flame that burns inside.
Which I turned into a raging fire …
To protect my heart …
And burn the word goodbye.
 
In my search for love.
I found a place of sadness.
And I thought of thee.
It was a place of broken vows.
Where pieces of .. were scattered …
As far as I could see.
 
David D Jerald

About Wounded Knee




No comments: